Last weekend I went to visit my daughter and son-in-law. She is due to have a baby, our first grand child, in October. I went out to have a look at their house just before their one-year warranty expired and to do some remodeling in the house. And I can tell you, I was busy all weekend!
First order of business was the baby's nursery. Not knowing the gender (even the doctor does not know, by choice, and a choice I agree with!) the walls are painted blue. I had a dream that the baby is a girl, but who knows!? Except for the little bit of chair rail toward the window and the corner molding, we got all three walls done, skipping the wall with the door and closet. We ran out! And I did NOT do all the work. I did a lot of showing, advising and measuring, and doing, but David knows how to use all his tools and we all three worked to get it done. All that is left now is the painting. I think it will look good when finished!
In between the nursery and visits to the hardware store, we all worked on some ceramic tile for the kitchen wall. It was just the one wall behind the range.
We bought it, and all the materials, and installed it.
And again, you are looking at the effort of all three of us. The same showing and advising went on, but they both now know how to do this.
And we got it done!
I also looked around the house and did some infrared thermography. And there were some things to identify and some work that was not done professionally, but overall the place is in good shape!
And better now that this work is done. Both rooms really look finished off!