I have written posts about cultural places to visit in Miami like the Center for the Performing Arts or The Museum of Contemporary Art. From one of those posts Peter Andres gave me a great idea to write about places to shop in Miami.
As you will see from this list, there are numerous Shopping Malls in Miami-Dade County. These are a few of the shopping centers which range from high end open-air malls to the regular all-American enclosed mall with all the Major National and International Chains.
- Aventura Mall: 19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura. This is an enclosed mall with all the shopping you ever wanted. It is one of the most popular shopping locations in Miami.
- Bal Harbour Shops: 9700 Collins Avenue, Surfside. Bal Harbour Shops are known Internationally for the high end shops including: Louis Vuitton, Prada, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Tiffany & Co.
- Lincoln Road: located one block south of the Miami Beach Convention Center and the Jackie Gleason Theater of Performing Arts in Miami Beach. It's a pedestrian street that runs approximately 10 blocks and flanked on each side by shops, galleries and restaurants. The center median is a collaboration of fountains, vignettes and art work by many local architects and artists.
- The Village of Merrick Park: 358 San Lorenzo Avenue, Coral Gables. The newest addition to our high end shopping centers. An exterior space including shops like Tourneau, Nordstrom and Gucci.
- Shops at Sunset Place – 5825 Sunset Drive, Miami. Open-air retail and entertainment center that includes such stores as Gameworks, NikeTown, movies, restaurants, plus an IMAX theater.
- Cocowalk – 3015 Grand Avenue, Coconut Grove. A bayside village known for being eclectic, sometimes eccentric and always exciting. Full of Restaurants and sidewalk cafes offer as well as bars and nightclubs which make it a great place to party.
- International Mall – 1455 NW 107th Avenue. An enclosed shopping mall full of different shops and restaurants.
- Dadeland Mall - 7535 N. Kendall Drive, Miami. Known to have the biggest Macy's in South Florida. Dadeland Mall is a popular site for South Miami-Dade's residents.
- The Falls – US1 and 136th Street, Miami. An exquisite open-air mall with man-made falls in the center. Shops surround the falls area and are interconnected with bridges and walkways. A unique shopping experience.
- Dolphin Mall: 11401 N.W. 12 Street, Miami. The latest and largest discount mall in Miami-Dade County. Always full of life and entertainment.