Who was the first member of royalty
to visit San Diego?
Way back on December 28, 1890, King Kalakaua of the Sandwich Islands (now known as Hawaii) visited San Diego as the first stop on a tour of California.
Aboard the National City and Otay Railway, the King visited the Sweetwater Dam, orange groves, and an olive oil mill.
After spending New Year's Eve at the Hotel del Coronado, just two years old at that point, he left on January 1 to visit Riverside and Los Angeles.
Just three weeks after leaving San Diego, King Kalakaua died at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco after catching a cold.
If you're looking for a great real estate agent in San Diego, well,
let me Google one for you.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Jim Frimmer, Realtor
Century 21 Award Mission Valley
California DRE License #01458572
Mission Valley Condos Information
Try RusselRayPhotos.com for inexpensive, royalty-free photos.
Recent blog posts:
Calling all cats. Calling all cats. — Please put a picture of your cats in this post. We're trying to get as many cat pictures as possible by the end of 2010.
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Hye Park
- Is there anything I should know?
- Wordless Wednesday — Perhaps we can learn something here?
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — The Vistas at Fashion Heights
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Fashion Hills
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — City Scene
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Mission Valley Terraces
- Google really likes me! All because of ActiveRain!
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — The Franciscan
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Presidio Mirage
- Did you know? — Real estate agents are the best experts on real estate!
- Out & About San Diego — September is Arts Month in San Diego
- Out & About San Diego — Downtown San Diego from a Hornblower Harbor Cruise
- Out & About San Diego — Sunset at Sunset Cliffs
- You've come a long way, baby!
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — The Bluffs
- A visit to the San Diego zoo's giant pandas
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — The Abbey
- Did you know? — Which religious denomination built the first church in downtown San Diego?
My favorite ActiveRain Groups:
ActiveRain Convention Station
ActiveRain Guerrilla Marketing Station
ActiveRain History Station
ActiveRain Library Station
ActiveRain Nature Station
ActiveRain Symphony Station
ActiveRain Travel Station