*Disclaimer* This is a topic I have been wanting to write about for quite some time, and whether you agree with my opinions or not, please take the time to read the reasons why, and digest the information, before commenting.
First off, let me start by telling you who this blog is NOT FOR:
- This blog is NOT FOR the wife who lost her husband in Iraq
- This blog is NOT FOR the family who's child was diagnosed with Cancer
- This blog is NOT FOR the dad who is working 3 jobs to support his wife & 3 children
- This blog is NOT FOR the consumer who was tricked into an Option Arm Loan, or one with an adjustable rate that is balooning out of control
- This blog is NOT FOR the consumer who lost his or her job, and is doing everything possible to make ends meet.
- This blog is NOT FOR the consumer who fell on hard times, and is doing their best to make ends meet
- This blog is NOT FOR the consumer trying to short sale their home to get out of a bad situation
I think you get the point on who this blog is NOT MEANT FOR. I could spend the next hour on #'s 8-30, but I covered enough to get the point across
Now, lets get to who this blog post IS FOR:
- This blog IS FOR the homeowner who refied 6 times, bought all the new toys, then let their home go
- This blog IS FOR the homeowner who hasn't had to make a payment in 2 years, and lives in the BANKS HOME free of charge, yet still complains about being broke (I have Strong disregard for this person)
- This blog IS FOR the homeowner who bought 3-4 homes to flip right at the peak, and got stuck with them yet still complains that they are being done an injustice!
- This blog IS FOR the homeowner who feels the need to "strip the home" as a final parting gift. Was it not enough you got to live for a year + in the home free of charge, and YOU are the one who defaulted, yet you feel the need to cost the bank $30,000-$50,000 by gutting the kitchen and baths, destroying the walls, kicking holes everywhere like a MISGUIDED CHILD.
I really will not get into too many details, as I could blog about this for hours. I think you now see the full jist of my thoughts and feelings on this topic. I can't stand that while honest hardworking folks such as myself work hard, make a good living, PAY THEIR MORTGAGE, and PAY THEIR TAXES on time, while we have folks abusing the system, dragging out their foreclosure, forcing the bank to go through a lengthy evicition when they ALREADY have been in the home 1 year + without making a payment. Is that not enough? Why do you choose to feel like the world owes you a huge favor. YOU took out the mortgage. YOU chose to to refi umpeen times. YOU chose to risk it all and buy several at 1 time, and YOU chose to further harm the bank, which in affect harms the economy, by stripping your property!
Look, I understand things can happen. And for everyone that falls under the "not for you" section, I have zero issues with you and completely can understand your situation! But when people abuse the system, haven't had to make a payment (in certain cases for 2 years!), and still choose to draw out the evicition, trash their homes, and what not, that is NOT OK in my book!
Whatever happened to morals? If you can't afford your payment, and can't work it out with the bank, find a rental you CAN afford and when the home is foreclosed on move out!!!! Why wait for the bank to kick you out via an eviction, why choose to be irresponsible and live off the economys dime? Why choose to gut your home, something I believe you should be thrown in jail for!!! Its time to learn a life lesson from this terrible experience and to move on!
So to wrap it up, this is my "shocker" blog of the week. The one that people will either love, or hate, I am not sure I will have to many neutral party comments :)
I AM SHOCKED THAT EVEN AFTER STATING TO READ THE BLOG IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE COMMENTING I AM STILL GETTING NEGATIVE COMMENTS 10% OF THE TIME! THIS BLOG IS MEANT TO CALL TO LIGHT THE PEOPLE WHOM ABUSE THE SYSTEM, NOT THE HARD WORKING HONEST HOMEOWNERS WHO FELL ON BAD TIMES.