With Autumn right around the corner, it's a great time to change the look of your home. On a tight budget? Who isn't! Here are some inexpensive ideas!
- Buy new pillows. You can instantly change the look of a room by adding new pillows. Love color? No problem! Here is where you can be bold!
- Furniture. Getting bored with the look of your room? Move the furniture around and find a new configuration that you like. Maybe mix it up and swap items from other rooms. No rules, it's your space!
- Furniture looking old and worn with little money to spend? Try slipcovers for your sofas, love-seats and chairs. Aside from protecting your furniture from additional wear, they can give your space a new identity!
- Art and accessories. Buy something new or move items around just like your furniture. Need light? Adding mirrors to a room can help move light around and brighten its appearan
- Bedding. Another great way to update your bedrooms is with new bedding. Look for bed-in-a bag sets from Macys, JC Penney, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. While the stores don't have as great a collection, if you go online there's plenty to choose from! Worried if you'll like it? I'm a big fan of reading the product reviews. They will let you know if the color is true, quality of the product, etc. Not happy with your selection? I make sure I can return it to one of their local stores. Make sure you sign up for emails, mailing lists, etc. Most of these stores have coupons and discount codes for extra savings!
- Plants. I'm a big believer that a house becomes a home with some greenery! Don't break the bank with annuals though; check out your local supermarkets for fall specials on mums. They also carry tropical plants for indoor use and I see them for around $10 each!
Don't be afraid to get your family involved! I used to think I was the only creative person in my home until my daughter gave me some great ideas. Have fun making over your home this fall!