I was arrested for being a Realtor... will they have any evidence?
Picture this FICTIONAL situation... You've been arrested (gasp!) for the unconscionable crime of being a Realtor. The prosecutor is putting together their case against you... will it all be heresay or will there be any cold, hard evidence?
This is one case where you WANT there to be a ton of evidence! Stuff like:
- Satisfied clients that have given you a written, or even stronger, VIDEO testimonials!
- A mac-daddy website with tons of traffic and comments from your adoring "victims"
- An awesome presence on ActiveRain and other industry sites
- Certifications that show you were TRAINED as a real-estate ninja assassin
- Facebook pages, Twitter followers and Linkd-inners that rave about you
- Signs, riders, business cards, direct mail pieces and more... PROVING that you are guilty of the crimes you have been charged with!
I hope you realize by now that the "crimes" are tongue-in-cheek! :) What I'm trying to get accross in this fictional situation is very simple...
DOES ANYONE KNOW YOU'RE IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS?
You can be the best Realtor in the world with all the best training and experience, but if nobody knows you exist, you're probably broke! A mediocre agent who is AMAZING at marketing will be retired years before you.
What can you do? Become the absolute best marketer of real estate services that you possibly can! Get educated, read books, take classes, and absorb what you can. Then go IMPLEMENT some of what you learned. The agents in my office are starting a 9-week SEO/Internet Marketing class tonight. (SEO means search engine optimization). Every Monday from 7-9 we're sitting down in the conference room to watch a series of training webinars to make us even better at letting people know what we do and how we can help them... what's YOUR plan to get more clients? 80% of all buyers start on the internet, so that's where we decided we want to spend a little more time and learn more about.