Home Stagers do more than prepare homes for sale!
There are a variety of services offered by home staging professionals to anyone occupying a home. These services usually fall under the category of "Staging To Live". Redesign is one of these services.
Are you tired of the way your home looks, but don't have the money to invest in a lot of new furnishings? There is an answer to your dilemma-A Professional Home Stager!
A Home Stager's first priority is always to "get the most ‘bang' for the buck." They are used to working with very limited (and sometimes non-existent) budgets. If you contact a Professional Home Stager about a redesign project, here is what you can expect:
• Redesign can cover a wide range of things, so the Stager will ask you about your particular project. Some of the questions you can expect are:
- Will we be working in one room, or several?
- Do you plan to paint?
- Do you want to use only the things you already own?
- Will large pieces of furniture need to be moved from one floor to another?
- If you want to make any purchases, what is your budget?
- What is your time frame?
• If you do not plan to paint and are working with what you already have, you can probably schedule the project over the phone. This type of redesign usually takes less than a day and you will get immediate satisfaction!
• If the project is more complex, the Home Stager may want to meet with you in your home to learn more about your personal tastes. Don't be surprised if you are asked to begin collecting pictures from magazines of rooms that you like. This step is used in many of the staging services. The only criteria for these pictures of rooms: YOU LIKE THEM! When you have collected several images, a pattern will usually emerge.
• Before you begin the actual work, be sure to ask how you will be charged. For Redesign Services, Professional Home Stagers usually work by the hour, but they often offer discount package pricing. Prices can vary widely, so do your research.
• Part of your research should include seeing examples of the Home Stager's work. Be sure to ask . . .
- if the pictures you are shown are the actual work of the stager
- if the company is insured
- for references
• Enjoy the new feel of your home! It has just had the equivalent of a facial or mini-face lift!
About the author: Kim Dillon, founder of Creative Eye Home Staging located in Kennett Square, PA, offers services to residents of Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. This article on Redesign is part of her series titled: STAGING SERVICES