In Georgia, winter does not usually hit until early January, but the monsoon rains do hit and it is a good time to do your annual check up of your home before the brutal winter season!!!
Here is a good check list for both First Time as well as those of us who have been in our homes for some time:
- Inspect the entire roof surface, or just get a roofer to do an inspection for your. This includes the gutters, soffits, flasing, and eaves. Repair the damaged areas before the brutal winter ice, water and snow hits.
- Siding - Clean, inspect the joints and caulk and repair any damage. It will cost more to let it deteriorate further.
- Clean out the Chimney and the flue before the winter season hits so you can heat your home if there is a power outage. Fix any crumbling mortar joints.
- Check all your windows, doors and any exterior portals for damage or loose hinges, worn glazing or damaged edges or missing hardware
- Clean and lubricate the hinges, trackes and rollars of your garage door. Tighten any loose screws and readjust any of the supports to make sure it is in good balance.
- This is the time to really clean out the gutters to remove pinestraw and leaves. IOnspect and repair any weak joints and renail or replace any support nails to the roof.
- Trim back all trees and bushes to make sure they do not scrape against the house and cause damage to siding and roofs.
- Caulk all windows and any areas that may create intrusion to your home during the cold winter months.
- Check all the windows, soorm doors and other doors for any damage or gaps that may need adjusting or new caulking or weather stripping.
Protecting your investment and your property through the most brutal season of the year will allow you to get more value from your investment. Call us if we can help.