Camas WA Real Estate -- September sales were Slow like August!
After a reasonably good level of sales activity prior to the expiry of the Home Buyer Tax Credit, Camas Home Sales continue to be at a much lower level, with a softening of prices after a sharp price increase this Spring.
Earlier this month we've logged into the Camas MLS to obtain a quick snap-shot view of what happened real estate wise within the confines of Camas for the month of September. Here is what we have to report:
From this quick look at the home sales action we see 37 more Active listings with the mix consistently weighted relative to the distressed property category levels in the existing inventory. However, the Pending Sales did move up to about 1/2 of the transactions from just over 1/3rd. The number of Closed Sales is only 2 homes higher than last month.
As we head into the Fall Season the mortgage interest rates continue to edge lower, now to low rates not seen since the early 1950's!
The Chart Below compares current Camas Washington Home Sale Prices and Trends with other nearby Towns: Vancouver WA, Washougal and Portland Oregon:
From this quick review we see an earlier strong upward "blip" in the Average Camas Home Sales Price, is now moderating downward. With the average Camas Home price generally higher than the Portland / Vancouver Metro area average, it is reasonable to expect a somewhat slower sales picture for this relatively small area.
If you are looking to purchase a home in Camas now is an excellent time! Camas is located on the north shore of the Columbia River and features a relatively mild climate and excellent economic base. Our featured neighborhood this month: Columbia Summit Estates Homes For Sale,
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Mortgage Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Camas Washington deemed reliable but not guaranteed to be accurate.
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Camas WA . We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Camas Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
PS - Nobody sells more homes than RE/MAX. Look to the Alexander ~ Slocum Team
for your Camas WA real estate!