Battle Ground WA Real Estate Market Activity - September 2010
This report is a quick view of what happened real estate-wise within the confines of the Battle Ground zip code 98604, for Battle Ground Homes For Sale in Clark County Washington. Here is what we have to report when we gathered the home sales information earlier this month:
From this quick view we see no change in the Total Active Inventory however, like other areas nearby there is in increase in the proportion of distressed properties. This month the 3rd Party + Pre-Foreclosures + Foreclosures combined are about 31.1% of the Active homes listed (a 0.5% increase from last month), and they represent about 71.4% of the homes going under contract (this item is doubling when compared with previous months).
Key items we are looking for in a market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions but, an increase in the non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure Sold category. In our opinion that ratio has taken another big jump owing to the Option ARM loans re-calculating to much higher mortgage payments, causing many home-owners to become distressed sellers.
The Chart Below compares Battle Ground Home Sale Prices (currently improving prices) and Trends with other nearby Towns: Brush Prairie, Ridgefield and La Center Washington:
Clearly Battle Ground home sales prices have been relatively stable for most of this year, while nearby Brush Prairie and Ridgefield have been struggling.
If you are looking to sell your home in Battle Ground, Vancouver or another part of Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) PreForeclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Battle Ground WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Living in Battle Ground, Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!