Lush Majestic Settings in a coveted hidden community of only 60 estate homes. Burnt Mills Hills is a quiet pastoral neighborhood of rolling hills, lush indigenous and mature landscaping with Acre+ lots.
Burnt Mills Hills was developed by the
R. E. Latimer Land Company in the early 1930's after purchasing the land from the McCeney Family and others. The first and main road through the Burnt Mills Hills subdivision is McCeney Avenue. The oldest house is a 1856 Farmhouse, that predates the development.
Silver Spring's best kept secret is this sylvan setting off of Route 29 (Colesville Road). It's hard to believe this subdivision is so close to the Urban area of Downtown Silver Spring, the Capitol Beltway and just 4 miles from the District of Columbia - Washington DC line.
Boundaries: The neighborhood is a small group of streets tucked between Lockwood Drive and New Hampshire Avenue, with Northwest Branch Park to the south.
Cresthaven Elementary, Francis Scott Key Middle and Springbrook High schools.
Within Walking distance:
Private community swimming pool, Northwest Branch Park, two synagogues, Seventh Day Adventist church, the Burnt Mills Shopping Center with a Trader Joes Grocery. Medical and Professional offices at Lockwood and New Hampshire and at Lockwood Drive and Colesville Road, White Oak Shopping Center with a Giant Food Store and Sears Store.
Within minutes by car:
The US Food and Drug Administration, Hillandale and Four Corners shopping centers, downtown Silver Spring and Metro, Silver Spring YMCA, Capital Beltway, Wheaton Mall, restaurants, shops.
Very Close by is the White Oak Library, and the 95 Acre Martin Luther King Recreational Park including an outdoor and indoor swimming pool operated by the Montgomery Recreation Department, tennis courts, ball fields, a playground, and small lake.
A great article about the Burnt Mills Hills Neighborhood written in 2004 published in the Washington Post.