Many years back, I found out that the settings can be changed in the way you receive your email, or you can request the settings be changed by your ISP(Internet Service Provider) This is how I started STAGING my emails.
I set my email up to receive emails in a catch all format so that no matter what comes in; I get it. At first people were telling me that I was crazy (which I already know I am, and wouldn’t want to be any other way). Even the ISP told me that it wasn’t a good Idea, because they didn’t know what I was planning to do with it. I did it any ways.
Once it was set up, less than 5 minutes later. I tested it by sending myself an email to testingit@iwantMyOWNroom.com and from that moment on this is what I started doing:
If I am working with buyer John Doe and I want to give him my email address I tell him to email me at JohnDoeBuying@IwantMyOWNroom.com , if I am working with a Vendor the email will be Vendor@IwantMyOWNroom.com
The great part about this is that it opens up the “How do you do that” and you look like you are very savvy, and they will ask; “ but that is my name”, how is my name your email address?” To which you reply that your system is set up to separate their name from the rest and create a folder for them that will alert you every time they send you an email.
This system serves for multiple purposes:
· Your customers will feel extra-special. And they are after all your bread and butter.
· You will stand out and make an impact.
· You will easily sort through the emails that are important for you to read soon, from junk you don’t need. You can create rules on what to do with the incoming emails and how to process them.
· If you visit a website that you are not sure about and you have that feeling that you will be spammed, you will know where the spam came from. When you enter your email address in such sites you can say your email address is: junk@IwantWantMyOWNroom.com or TheirSiteName@IwantMyOWNroom.com then with out a doubt you will know where the junk came from and who has been selling your name.
· From a marketing stand point you are associating them to you and your site.
· From a subliminal stand point the same.
· It will be hard for them to forget your email address when it starts with their name.
· Remember you are selling yourself and everything you do to promote your business in a positive way helps your business grow.
· Or you can email me at Phone numbers work also and so do street addresses:
· Or you can email me at ActiveRain@IwantmyOWNroom.com
· Or you can email me at
· Or you can email me at aNewFriend@IwantMyOWNroom.com
Or you can email me at
· Or you can email me at
I am sure you get the point.
A lot of my Commercial Customers have learned from me how to do this, and some of my Residential customers are starting to do it to. The yonger ones think this is "Way COOL!"
Let me know if you find this tip to be useful? If you have tips or ideas on how you do things in a unique, creative way you are at the right place to share. Keep your Eyes OPEN! I have more ideas, I will show you mine if you show me yours…
It is also a great way to separate your junkmail from the rest. When I know that the site I am looking at will be sending me junk mail like the sites that offer you a trial product. I set my email account to be FREE@Iwantmyownroom.com and I know that that will be my junk email so I pre-set outlook to send all emails going to FREE@Iwantmyownroom.com to go into the Junk or delete folder. Works great to clear up clutter.