With a new season rolling in (for the rest of the country, anyways - still hot here!) a lot of home owners start to think of making changes/improvements within their home. Here are 5 DIY inexpensive - or free! - ideas:
1. PAINT YOUR FRONT DOOR - A fresh color in a warm tone can make your home seem more welcoming and increase curb appeal. All you need is a quart of paint and an afternoon to transform your home!
2. REARRANGE YOUR FURNITURE - Start with the largest piece of furniture and turn it towards a focal point - window, fireplace, etc. Build the rest of the room from there! Or you can angle a bed or sofa that is currently flush against a wall for a new look. It's FREE, and if you don't like the results, they are easily undone!
3. CHANGE OUT DOOR/DRAWER HARDWARE - New pulls or knobs are fairly inexpensive but can reinvent your doors or kitchen cabinets! All you need is a screwdriver to install....
4. MOVE YOUR ACCESSORIES AROUND - Create a whole new look using your existing pieces! Gather them all up, then redistribute them through your home in new ways.
5. ADD AN ACCENT WALL - Bring a bold new feel to any room in your home - be it with a neutral shade all the way to an extreme dark color. Takes a day and less than $50 to have MAJOR impact!