How to use pumpkin seeds
for breast cancer research
in 15 easy steps
Since October is both Breast Cancer Awareness month and Halloween, here's a way to use pumpkin seeds for breast cancer research:
Step 1 — Get everyone in the car and head on out to the pumpkin patch. If you don't have a pumpkin patch, the local grocery store will do.
Step 2 — Pick out a pumpkin. It can be a monster pumpkin, a large pumpkin, a small pumpkin.... any size.
Step 3 — Take the pumpkin to the cash register and pay for it.
Step 4 — Load the pumpkin in the car and take it home. Remember to also load all the family members and take them home, too.
Step 5 — Take the pumpkin to the back patio because what you're going to do with it will get messy in the kitchen.
Step 6 — Cut the top off the pumpkin. Make the hole big enough so that you can get your hand down into the pumpkin.
Step 7 — Clean out the pumpkin. Save the insides, though, because you'll need them in succeeding steps.
Step 8 — Clean off the seeds and set them aside to dry.
Step 9 — Have the cook of the house make some pumpkin pie. Use the pumpkin insides that you just cleaned out if you want (in other words, if the cook of the house knows how).
Step 10 — Count the seeds.
Step 11 — Send $1 per seed to your local cancer research organization. If you think $1 per seed is too expensive, then send whatever you can afford. You can also grab a handful of seeds and count those as the number of seeds to use for this purpose.
Step 12 — Wash the seeds because you just finished counting them and possibly throwing them at each other.
Step 13 — Roast the seeds. You can do it in a pan on your barbecue grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop. Google "roasted pumpkin seeds" and you should find a lot of recipes.
Step 14 — Eat the seeds.
Step 15 — Deduct your monetary contribution from your income taxes next year!
If you're looking for a great real estate agent in San Diego, well,
let me Google one for you.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Jim Frimmer, Realtor
Century 21 Award Mission Valley
California DRE License #01458572
Mission Valley Condos Information
Try Russel Ray Photos for inexpensive, royalty-free photos.
Recent blog posts:
Calling all cats. Calling all cats. — Please put a picture of your cats in this post. We're trying to get as many cat pictures as possible by the end of 2010.
- Truth in advertising?
- Out & About San Diego — Passport Through Time
- Mission Valley condos in San Diego — Mission Playmor
- Did you know? — We have a new cemetery in the neighborhood!
- Mission Valley condos in San Diego — Rancho Mission Villas
- Speechless Sunday (with a little bit of text)
- Did you know? — In the year 2525....
- Real estate news — It's about time, but it's too bad you can't send someone to jail for stupidity
- Out & About San Diego — Del Mar Fall Home Decorating & Remodeling Show
- Out & About San Diego — Art museums and galleries in San Diego County
- Out & About San Diego — The centennial season of the San Diego Symphony
- Mission Valley condos in San Diego — The Villas at Escala
- Out & About San Diego — The 2010 MCAS Miramar Air Show: The Blue Angels!
- Out & About San Diego — The 2010 MCAS Miramar Air Show: If the planes go too fast....
- Out & About San Diego — The 2010 MCAS Miramar Air Show: The Canadian Snowbirds invaded!
- Out & About San Diego — The 2010 MCAS Miramar Air Show: Size Does Matter!
- It's not the size of your house, it's how you turn it into a home
- Out & About San Diego — If you live in San Diego County, you might have to share with the wildlife
- Out & About San Diego — The San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are FREE for children in October
My favorite ActiveRain Groups:
ActiveRain Convention Station
ActiveRain Guerrilla Marketing Station
ActiveRain History Station
ActiveRain Library Station
ActiveRain Nature Station
ActiveRain Symphony Station
ActiveRain Travel Station