Real Estate La Center Washington, Market Activity September 2010
Early this month we logged into the MLS for Vancouver and La Center to obtain a quick snap-shot view of what happened with real estate and home sales within the confines of La Center, in Clark County Washington. Here is what we have to report:
From this quick view we see 8 fewer Pending transactions when compared to the Sold Homes, as well as about a year's supply (maybe slightly less) of inventory available at the end of the month. This month the 3rd Party + Pre-Foreclosures + Foreclosures combined are about 44.3% of the Active homes listed (about the Norm for the County), yet they represent about 66.7% of the homes Sold.
Key items we are looking for in a market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions but, an increase in the "Normal Sales" category. County-wide we have seen a continued higher level in the number of 3rd Party + Bank Owned homes going Pending, relative to the total number of homes going pending. Are the banks becoming more pro-active in approving Short Sales? -- We'll continue to watch and see...
The Chart Below compares La Center Washington Home Sale Prices and Trends with other nearby Towns: Brush Prairie, Battle Ground and Ridgefield Washington:
From the above pricing chart, La Center Home Prices have clearly been improving this year!
If you are looking to sell your home in La Center, Vancouver or another part of Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) PreForeclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Vancouver WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Living in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
For Southwest Washington homes and Real Estate in Vancouver WA visit Vancouver WA Real Estate. If you have an immediate need to search the MLS for Vancouver WA please visit Homes For Sale Vancouver WA , and Homes For Sale in La Center WA.
If your interest is in foreclosures, pre-foreclosures (short-sale homes) and Bank Owned Homes in Vancouver WA we have a special search set up for you at Vancouver WA Bank Owned Homes For Sale.