Karen's real estate report on Wellington in Manassas is as complete and informative as you will find in the Prince William County market area. All of Karen's area market reports are as well done as this one on Wellington. If the sale or purchase of property in Manassas, Woodbridge or Prince William County is in your plans you should call Karen at 703-690-6569
Wellington is an extremely convenient subdivision in the City of Manassas, VA. Since construction started in the 1992-1993 time frame there are no homes more than 18 years old. Its' popularity is enhanced by the fact it is a beautifully maintained subdivision of both town homes and detached homes. Wellington has slightly more than 900 homes built by a variety of builders.
Detached Home Market Report
Homes Sold and Settled
Year-To-Date 2010 Vs. Total Year 2009
2009 2010 +/- %
Number of Homes
16 15 Average List Price
+7% Average Sales Price
+6% Seller Contribution
-9% Net Sales Price
As of 10/25/2010
Obviously, the price increase of 6% over 2009 is good news for the detached home property owners in Wellington. It is very much in line with recent market reports in other subdivisions that tend to indicate the downward spiral is either ending or ended. A check of the statistics at our Multiple Listing Service confirm that all areas of Prince William County are producing the same results. There are variances, of course, but that is a function of the type of homes and the number and percentage each type in a particular subdivision. The very fact that Wellington is a subdivision of town homes and detached homes offering a wide variety of styles is a stabilizing factor..
With home mortgage rates at historically low levels this would be an excellent time for home buyers to return to the market while prices are still much lower than in previous years. A Wellington home in Manassas would be a wise investment at this time.
- Bus service to both the Pentagon and Washington, DC is available at Manassas Mall approximately 15 minutes from Wellington
- Train service to Alexandria and Washington on Virginia Railway Express trains is available at the Manassas station. The Alexandria and Crystal City stations provide the ability to transfer to Metrorail for travel throughout the entire subway system.
Schools, Colleges and Libraries
- Wellington Station for complete neighborhood shopping is located on Wellington Rd just outside the subdivision
- Manassas Mall, numerous other shopping centers and specialty shops can be found along SudleyRd (Rt 234) within 15 minutes of Wellington
- Historic Old Manassas with boutiques, antique book store and fine dining is within 10 minutes
- Hylton Performing Arts Center is within 10 minutes
- Manassas National Battlefield Park is approximately 20 minutes
- Freedom Aquatics and Fitness Center is within 15 minutes
- General's Ridge Public Golf Course is approximately 20 minutes from Wellington
- Splashdown Water Park the largest water park in Northern Virginia is within 20 minutes
- Prince William Forest Park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping is less than 30 minutes
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs is approximately 30 minutes
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina with boat launch to the Occoquan Reservoir, 9-hole golf course, miniature golf and picnic facilities is approximately 25 minutes
- Old Hickory Golf Club is approximately 25 minutes
- Harris Pavilion in Historic Manassas is the site of many concert, shows and other public events. During winter months it is converted to an ice skating rink and is approximately 10 minutes
- Manassas Museum in Historic Manasssas is approximately 10 minutes
My Team has 34 years experience in Woodbridge, Dumfries, Manassas, Gainesville, Haymarket Prince William County
”Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS”
If you plan to buy or sell a Wellington or other Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.