Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Kodak is intent on becoming a trusted source for the best education, best practices and best technology for real estate professionals. It makes sense that an industry giant would team up with ActiveRain, the real estate network where agents come to get the best education, share the best practices and learn about the newest technologies.
One technology that, on its surface, has changed very little over the years is printer ink. Nothing could be further from reality. Kodak's proprietary pigment ink technology has made ink affordability a reality and doesn't require you to compromise on quality. One common complaint agents have with printing besides the cost is that when they print listing flyers, rain and sunshine destroy them very quickly. So they end up having to print more and keep replacing them! Kodak’s ink is water resistant (1) and fade resistant (2). This helps agents reduce the cost of replacing flyers, and when you do print, you’re only needing to do it once while saving money.
So this begs the question, who loves to buy ink for their printer? Go ahead, raise your hands high and shout out with joy!
Wait, no one here loves to buy ink for your printer? Of course you don't! It's something you never do until that last drop of ink has run out from the existing cartridge. And you rarely have an extra cartridge to replace it immediately for that ultra important document that needs to be printed NOW!!
Kodak knows that buying printer ink is a necessary evil, so they've made it affordable without compromising on quality. The average ink cartridge price for an office printer averages $18 for black (3) and $32 for color (4), and prints an average of 421 pages (5). The average consumer replaces their ink 8 times per year (6), while the average office professional replaces their ink 13-14 times per year (7). Studies have shown that Kodak printers save the average consumer $110.00 per year on ink cost, based on 4 pages per day (8). Consequently, if the average real estate agent prints about twice that amount their savings would be approximately $220 per year on ink cost alone! Your savings could be even higher right?
Kodak ink cartridges offer amazing print quality and cost $9.99 for black and $17.99 for color (9), allowing you to invest in your business, not the ink!
SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH AN EXTRA $220 PER YEAR??
Create a blog post that details what you would do with an extra $220 this year. Get creative. Posts must be a minimum of 200 words and a maximum of 500 words.
1. Include: '$220 in savings' in the title of your blog post somewhere
2. Mark your post for the 'ActiveRain' channel and include it in the topic 'I can save $220'
3. Post a link to your blog post on the Facebook fan page wall of both ActiveRain and Kodak. In the 'write something' section, include 'If I saved $220 this year I would.........(and finish the sentence)'.
(This one is optional. The Facebook terms of service don't allow us to make this a requirement)
4. Follow @kodakrealestate on Twitter
5. On your twitter account, make a tweet, with a link back to your blog post that includes '@kodakrealestate If I saved $220 this year I would........ (and finish the sentence)'.
6. In the footer of your post include: “This post is for the ActiveRain 'I could save $220 with Kodak Contest. I have a chance to win a free Kodak Printer, $$220 in cash to use for the idea in my blog post, and an extra $100 to use toward ink!.”
7. Posts must be written and all requirements fulfilled by November 23rd, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. We will announce the two winners on November 30th, 2010.
1. All posts written for the contest will receive 2000 ActiveRain points.
2. Two lucky agents will be selected by a panel of judges (including staff from Kodak and ActiveRain) to receive: a free Kodak printer (Kodak ESP 6150 Office), $100 cash for ink or office needs, and $220 cash to spend on their idea from their blog post. One winner will be selected at Random from all participants and one winner will be selected based on the creativity of their post.
3. Kodak will ship the printer free to the winners and also send a check for the $320 cash prize via ActiveRain.
(The Fine Print......)
(1) Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) and Kodak internal testing on Kodak photo papers. (2) Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR). (3) Based on Gap Intelligence ink price survey data, June 2010. (4) Based on Gap Intelligence ink price survey data, June 2010. (5) Average page yield based on QualityLogic report data, 2009-2010 and manufacturers stated page yields. (6) Based on Lyra US consumer survey data, Oct. 2009 (7) Based on Kodak analysis of Lyra Research report data, 2009-2010 and VisionCritical Research survey data, Nov. 2009 (8) Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using an average page mix of 52% black text documents, 35% mixed-color graphics and 13% photos (printed on KODAK Ultra Premium Paper, glossy finish & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers) utilizing manufacturers' recommended standard ink cartridges available in single quantity pricing (i.e. no multi-packs, high capacity, combo packs, value packs or special promotions) as of June 2010. Actual results may vary. For more information and a list of all printers tested, go to http://www.kodak.com/go/inkdata for details
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.