Homes For Sale in Vancouver and Clark County Slowing Down for Autumn.
Clark County and Vancouver WA real estate has slowed again, reflecting the generally slower Autumn season. We are using the Vancouver MLS (covers Clark County Washington also) to obtain a quick snap-shot view of what happened real estate wise within the confines of Clark County Washington (Vancouver USA is the largest community) for the month of October. Here is the condensed version we have prepared from Vancouver MLS data:
While the level of Active homes is relatively unchanged, the volume of Pending and Closed Sales are both off just under 10%.
From this quick view we have just under a year's supply of homes for sale Vancouver WA. For this month the Average Sold price is $223,756 which is off 1.8% from the prior month; while the Median Sales Price $198,500.
Key items we are looking for the Clark County market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions and firming-prices but, an increase in the "Normal Sale" (i.e., non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure) Category. In our opinion with about 45.5% of the Pending status homes being 3rd party or Foreclosure transactions (an increase from last month), we are likely in the bottom period. Prices have been relatively flat, with some up and down, which is a typical sign of base-building.
If you are looking to sell your home in Vancouver WA, and Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
The largest city in Clark County WA is Vancouver Washington. Other towns include: Amboy, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Ridgefield, Washougal, parts of Woodland and Yacolt.
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for October 2010
- Clark County WA Real Estate | Market Report for October 2010
Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for September 2010
- Clark County WA Real Estate | Market Report for September 2010
- Cascade Park Homes For Sale | Market Update for Third Quarter 2010
- Felida Homes For Sale | Market Update for Third Quarter 2010
- Fishers Landing Homes For Sale | Market Update for Third Quarter 2010
- Salmon Creek Homes For Sale | Market Update for Third Quarter 2010
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Vancouver WA. We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
Visit our website to learn more about Vancouver Washington, Camas WA real estate or Battle Ground WA real estate.
PS - Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Look to John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander for Vancouver WA Homes For Sale