This was posted several weeks ago, but I really think that there are some clear advantages to listing and selling your home during the holidays. And some of these apply to buying a home during the holidays as well.
And if you happen to be looking to buy or sell this holiday season, feel free to give us a call! :)
Yes, It is October and the Holidays are Coming. In just 3 Short Weeks the Halloween Deco will come down and the Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hanukkah Decorations will come out of the Closets. This is a Great Time to List a Home and there are even more reasons this year to List during the Holiday Season.
With the Present Moritorium on Foreclosures, the Inventories should draw down and that will mean less competition for sellers putting their homes on the market during the holidays and may mean a better opportunity for a quicker sale with less hassles.
Here are the top 10 reasons to List this time of year:
- People who look for homes this time of year are serious buyers and not just out there to wear down your carpets. Serious Buyers pay more for a home. So you get less inconvenience and more serious buyers.
- In January and forward into the spring there will be dramatically more homes coming to market every day. With more competition, there will be less demand for a particular home.
- Serious Buyer have fewer houses to chose from during the holidays which in turn means less competition and more money for you.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and a well decorated house with that cinnamon and apple smell with the pine from the tree will affect their buying decision.
- Buyers may have more time to look for a home with time off during the holidays and winter vacation breaks.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Traditionally people are transferred at the end of the year and they will need to find new homes and won't be able to wait until spring to buy.
- You can be on the market and still restrict showings during family times on the holidays.
- You may be able to get more money now and extend closing or delay occupancy until next year.
- By Selling now, you could be a Non-contingent (IE No house to sell) buyer in the spring when many more homes are available for less money. (Buy low, sell high)
If we can help your home selling or home buying decision, please contact us.
300 Colonial Center Pky #100
ABR, CIPS, CRP, CRS, ePRO, GRI, SRES