Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Selling your home over the holidays can be a bit of a challenge. There are fewer buyers out there and it can take longer. On the upside, there is also less competition on the market and the buyers that are out there, for the most part, are the serious ones who ready to buy.
Preparing for sale at this time of year should be done with a critical eye. Here are some things that can help set your property apart and place it out in front of the competition.
1) Pay attention to curb appeal: Lists can be narrowed down simply on the drive-by. A clean and well manicured yard and exterior says a lot about your home.
2) De-clutter and de-personalize. Only essential furniture, the best pieces, should be out to create a greater sense of space. Use paintings and other well chosen home decor to highlight but don't overdo it...less can be more by far.
3) Handyman day: Fix everything from burned out light-bulbs, wall dings and holes, squeaky doors, broken taps on up. This will show a well maintained home where pride in ownership is evident.
4) Paint where needed or everywhere if necessary. This is an excellent investment to bring great return on your dollar. Neutral designer colours should be used.
5) When it is being shown: It should always be clean and presentable. Cozy it up with careful Christmas decorating to welcome your prospective buyers...'tis the season! There is nothing like coming home to Christmas, soft lighting and music and perhaps the scent of fresh baking. Set the mood and paint the picture for them.
7) Make sure that the price is right. Too low and you risk not maximizing your potential profit. Too high and it could sit on the market indefinitely. You should only price it according to what the market will bear.
8) Your home should always be available for appointments.
9)Be flexible in negotiations. You needn't give away the farm by any means; just be willing to give and take. Your REALTOR® will guide you through this with your best interests at heart.
While selling over the holidays can be a challenge, if approached properly one can be successful. Common sense and patience always pay off in the end.
Most of all, through it all, enjoy being with your family and enjoy the spirit of the holiday season.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.