We do lots of relocation work and work hard at having families adapt the Badger State as their home state quickly....we want them to feel at home to find the things that interest them...features and attractions in their new neighborhood or a unique attraction a short drive away. When we "meet" a family through our website, we make it a point to know all the people (and animals) that compose this group of future residents. Our before the move preparation, education and interview work toward a happier move for everyone, here are some simple things agents can do....and for those of ou who are transferrees...not coming to Wisconsn, tell your agent you want her or him to do some "home work."
- Send a Relocation Kit - If your company or agent doesn't have one- agents- step up and design one include: chamber of commerce information, maps, school district information, special attractions, tax rate schedules, listings of course....park systems, dog parks if applicable...applications for dog or cat licenses if the transferrees know their new community, local governent info, recycling and trash info, ask yourself what you would like to know about an area you are moving to....and the things you enjoy about your locality.
- Develop more information on the particular areas of interest for the children....sports that are offered, the band, an orchestra, other extra curricular activities or facilities...roller and ice rinks.
- When touring homes with children, involve them....all the fun they can have on the hill in the backyard, how cool their new bedroom will be...a basketball hoop, the park around the corner, the baseball, basketball and soccer teams, etc.
- If Mom has her nails done and is looking for a new hairdresser, point out those locations.
- Dad may want to know about the golf courses, civic organizations, exercise clubs
Let the family settle in a couple weeks and give them a call...see if they have discovered day trips in the area and if they need any other assistance in getting acquainted with the area. Agents...if you want repeat and referral business, you will have added this new family to your regular mailing/call list...families, let's hope you have an agent that has welcomed you to your new home.