Often so many remind us to have a positive attitude in life and I think simplistically we think it is about being this la la cheery person all the time. it is actually about a decision in "looking at things" from a different way. When the NEGATIVE creeps into your life and you have your knee jerk reaction to what you feel, and acknowledge those very real NORMAL feelings, then SHIFT and think of this owl picture. This is the NEW YOU. You need to adopt
The Fine Art Of The POSITIVE SPIN To Make You Unstoppable.
So you might ask, "what do you mean by unstoppable?" Well believe it or not what is between your ears, your belief system that you think about all the time IS your reality. To a very large degree you decide in your mind what gets to you and what doesn't, in essence in a very real sense, what STOPS you. If you are stopped you are not moving forward, and to grow we need to move forward. This may sound like a mind game trick you are pulling off on yourself, and I will grant you that, it probably is. So the event happens, you have your normal knee jerk reaction, but then you pause, and AFFECT a POSITIVE SPIN on it. Ask yourself, why is this good? What good could come out of it? If you do this "different way of looking at things" you will no longer be stopped.
Some examples off the top of my head, feel free to share any of your own:
- You are stuck in heavy traffic and it goes on for miles - Gives you more time to listen to the music on the radio or a CD or pop in a self development program or audio book you have been wanting to listen to. Or perhaps find an alternative route to your destination
- Your sports team is going to lose this week - you have hope and encouragement that they will learn the lesson from this downfall and be better next week and for the season
- An annoying person is in your midst with all their negativity - you get to observe up close and personal a bad example of a human being on the planet and vow yourself never to have those characteristics yourself
- A person disappoints you or hurts you - you get to practice not taking it personally, try as best as you can cause the knee jerk reaction in this situation is very powerful and it's not easy to not absorb the hurt, but REMEMBER it is coming out of THEM. It is THEM, not YOU
- Standing in a long slow line at the grocery or department store and you think you are cursed with picking the slowest checkout line ever - you meditate with your mind about something pleasant in your life or think of your plans for later in the day, taking your mind away from this boring and seemingly inane situation
Playing mind tricks? Perhaps. But it is an art form of substitution, replacing something negative with something positive.