1. You have newspapers/magazines with ads from decorator stores stacked up by your chair till it is a bonafide fire hazard.
2. You are pulled into yard sales and au ctions against your mortal will.
3. You are in a doctor's waiting room and there are artificial plants that need dusting or rearranging, or real plants that need water and you have to do it. You don't care if people think you are crazy or not, it HAS to be done.
4. You look around at your own house and can't believe you are a Stager
5. You get a queasy feeling in your gut when you see a house and you know it will never sell the way it is and you're almost tempted to do it for free
6. You don't get why everybody else "don't get it "about staging
7. You feel like saying to people who don't get it "Go look in the mirror and tell me what you would do to improve what you see." Thats STAGING! Can you hear me NOW?
8. Even though you have 25 "silK" trees you could always use another one
9. That dresser sitting out on the curb could really look great with a little TLC and you just cannot leave it
10. You wonder if you are creative or have obsessive compuslive disorder
11. You have your business credit card taped to your laptop so you can online shop without interruption
Face it, we are a breed apart. I have found stagers to be generous to a fault, very, very resourceful, original,(that is you could give 5 stagers a room and each one would be completely different, but great). I have not had the fortunate opportunity to work with other stagers personally, but the synergy on AR is terrific.
Feel free to add your own slant on You might be a stager if..........have fun with it!
The above are just a few of the things I notice in my own psyche.