Have you ever wondered what makes a good blog to gain readership? In the beginning I just thought that it would be great to get a bunch of members reading my post. It was a lot of fun and darn if I didn't get a bunch of featured posts. I made friends and boy did we have a lot of fun!
Eventually my writing took a turn and I took everything I wrote to a higher level. I started to think about all the leads I was getting from my ActiveRain blog and what the topics were that they were contacting me about. The consumer /lead wanted to not only get information about real estate but my local area.
I then turned my focus to a variety of topics to write about because after all- Isn't Real Estate about everything and anything in our local community if we're to be classified as local experts?
Gearing toward specifics related to Real Estate to write about lead me to delve into writing about:
- Businesses in my community: I wrote about the restaurants I had dined, the material warehouse where I got TLW some material for scarves and even down to the Aloha Stadium and Kam Swap Meets and Pearlridge Mall.
- Local Celebrities: Ron Artis (he passed away yesterday) who painted murals all over buildings here, Eddie Aikau the famous surfer, Braddah Iz (Israel Kamakawiwoʻole) a wonderful musician and more.
- Hawaiian Historical Sites and Info: I wrote about the Night Marchers and the Menehune's and historical landmarks and sites to see such as the Hawaiian Heiau's (Ancient Hawaiian Temples), Burial Sites and Laws and the Bishop Museum.
- Hawaiian History of: I researched and found out where Aloha Hawaiian Print Material started, about Hula, King Kamehameha,The History of Father Damien in the Land of the Exiled, the History of Homes and so forth.
- Real Estate: Hawaii Real Estate Contracts and Laws (every state is different.....) Condo Associations, Open Houses, the volcanoes and vog, zoning information, VA Loan Transactions in Hawaii and Relocating to Hawaii. ADD ON: Even about my growing up in the Mililani Community Mililani Town Homes| Mililani Mauka Homes| Growing Up with the Mililani Community!
- Scenery and Visuals: I love taking my camera around the island and snapping shots of anything and everything. Being a great photographer can lead to a visual grasp of the reader for your post. You can always use the photo and build a story on it.
Remember, writing about everything and anything in your community will give you that extra advantage when your client asks you about businesses, history, real estate and your neighborhood.
Be that local expert.
You can make it fun and......
Being prepared with information past your real estate knowledge.