A home is a place of your own where you can raise your family, share with friends and feel safe and secure. Other benefits for homeowners include better physical health, higher lifetime income, higher student test scores, and lower teen delinquency.
Reduced prices and low interest rates have placed housing affordability at its highest but rates have started inching up in the past few weeks which will directly result in higher payments.
Credit, debt ratios and income are the limiting factors that could be keeping you from taking advantage of these opportunities. Isn't it time you found out where you stand to buy a home?
The benefits of talking with a qualified mortgage officer and pre-approval are without question. It saves time, money and removes the uncertainty of not knowing. The direct benefits include:
- Amount the buyer can borrow - as interest rates rise, the amount decreases
- Looking at "Right" homes - price, size, amenities, location
- Find the best loan - interest rate is tied to credit score; do you qualify for the best rate?
- Uncover credit issues early - time to cure possible problems; 90% of credit reports have errors
- Bargaining power - helps negotiate price, terms and timing
- Close quicker - verifications have been made; takes less time to close
Call me for a recommendation and a list of what you need to share with a loan officer. It may be the best gift you give your family.
Don L Andersen