What challenges do you have getting listings in your market? Let me rephrase that ….How challenging is it to get properly priced listings in your market?
In any market, listings are the yellow-brick road to long term success! Are you doing all you can to get as many listings as possible placed in your inventory? Here are my TOP TEN ways to get the listing:
1. Don't Waste Time With Sellers Who Won’t Value Your Time ... Some Sellers only want to hire an agent who will give them the best “deal” or the lowest commission, do you want to be known for the lowest priced agent or the agent who does the best job? It is your choice…
2. Discover The Sellers Motivation. Find out their hot buttons. What deadline do they have? What is important to them? Listen to their needs, discover their problems and offer solutions.
3. Know Your Numbers. Most agents do not know what their average list to sales price vs MLS or average days on the market vs MLS is. Just showing some charts and how you can better the average is compelling and will impress most sellers and may even convert some of the ones described in #1 above.
4. Focus on the Sellers Net. If you have those stats, you should be able to show a seller, in hard numbers, why listing with you, at the right price, will put more money in their pocket. Your guidance, marketing, staging and pricing strategies will bring in more qualified buyers and keep the offer prices up. It's not about what commission they pay but it’s all about how much they will NET!
5. Have Systems. Smart agents rely on action plans, campaigns and checklists to follow up effectively and give excellent consistent service. Make it automatic!
6. Become a Resource for the FSBOs. Statistics show that 70% of FSBOs will list with a REALTOR once there home does not sell in a short period of time. It takes time and patience to build relationship and trust, but a system to do this will give you an additional source of consistent listings.
7. Become The Area “Expert”. The agent who is the expert in the marketplace is always in demand. Less is more when you focus on a few niches. Narrow your focus and go deep.
8. Know YOUR Strengths. What do you do differently or better than anyone else? Life is too short to perfect your weaknesses. Know your strengths and build your presentation around them.
9. Be Obvious. Stir up activity by connecting with as many people as possible. You won't get as many listings if you sit in the office! Get involved in the community in areas you are passionate about. Talk with everyone you see. Become their resource for real estate information. One in every 10 people you meet is probably thinking of moving this year. ASK!!!!
10. Have Tools That Differentiate You. With the age of the average first time homebuyer at 32, the need to be technologically savvy is obvious. Walking in with an i-Pad, a good Presentation, Solid Numbers, and marketing tools that WOW will get their attention.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
Eddie Brown ©2010