Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Have you had your home on the market for awhile with little activity? Are the showings happening less and less frequently? You may be a home seller that is out of touch with the market.
1) You have the best house - Despite all of your competition. Despite all of the other great homes on the market you just know that you have the best house. It does not matter than your competitors home is bigger, newer and more updated. Your home is still simply the best.
2) Your house is a bargain and you won't lower the price - Even though everyone who views your home and your Realtor tells you that your price is too high you just know they are wrong. Your house is worth it. The real estate expert who is in the trenches day in and day out does not know squat.
3) Competition? What competition? - You fail to acknowledge your competitors. It does not matter where the other homes in your neighborhood are priced. After all, your home is the best right? Buyers look at more than one home when buying a home. If your competition is better than you those homes will sell first.
4) More advertising is the key - It does not matter that your home is overpriced a little bit. More advertising will overcome that. Buyers view many homes when purchasing. The more you advertise the more you might be helping your competitors. Your home in the Sunday newspaper might drum up some buyers but they will also look at the other homes for sale in your neighborhood. If they are are better then you are in trouble.
5) You expect to get too much for improvements - "Let's see, we spent $50,000 on improvements. We deserve $100,000 more for our home!" It does not always work that way. You don't always get dollar for dollar on home improvements. Sometimes you only get 50 cents on the dollar.
6) Your Realtor is an idiot - Even though you may have only sold one or two homes in your life and your Realtor has sold dozens or perhaps even hundreds you know more. You are more in tune with the market than your agent who deals in it day in and day out.
7) The market is stupid - It does not matter what the market is telling you about your home. Even though your home has not sold the market is wrong. If any of the above sound a little bit like you then you might be out of touch with the market. The market dictates what your house is worth. You don't.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.