"There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect."
Sometimes we ourselves are the ones that limit our own success. We THINK we cannot do something, so we don't try. Or we assume before we even try to do something, that we will suck at it, so we never even attempt to make an effort to do it.
Back in High School, I remember taking an art class. One day, the teacher told us to draw comic book style... I thought I would be terrible at it, and when I finally put pencil to paper, I was amazed at what I could do... And started drawing that way, and loved the result.
Don't ever limit yourself... You may be amazed at the outcome when you try...
Some interesting facts about Ronald Reagan
- Reagan was our 40th president, and a two term president. 1981-1989
- Reagan was elected under the Republican Party ticket. Originally a STRONG supporter if the Democratic Party.
- Won 489 electorial votes, and 44 states in 1980. In 1984 he took 49 states and won 525 electorial votes.
- Appointed the first woman to the Supreme Court (Sanda Day O'Connor)
- Survived an attempted assasination. "I hope you're all Republicans." -speaking to surgeons as he entered the operating room following the attempt
- "Honey, I forgot to duck." -to his wife, Nancy, after surviving the assassination attempt
- Helped end the Cold War with the USSR
- Was a Captain in the Army Air Corps 1937-1945
- Started his acting career in 1937, resumed it in 1945.
- First Lady Nancy was his second wife.
- 1967 became the governor of California.
- Known as the "Gipper" or "The Great Communicator".
- Resided over the invasion of Granada and the Iran-Contra affair (trading arms for hostages).
- Starred in over 50 major films
- Coined term "trickle down economics" or "Reaganomics" that some say led to expansive growth in the 1990's
- Loved Jelly-Bellies. Blueberry the best.
- Wife Nancy helped kids "say NO to drugs"