Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love making new year's resolutions. As the self-diagnosed Motivational Book Addict, making New Years Resolutions is probably the highlight of my year. This is when I can sit myself down, reflect on the past year, and re-evaluate what I can do differently to make the next year AMAZING. Although I highly recommend making a personal New Year's Resolution list, this blog is about your Real Estate Resolutions to jump start your marketing plan for 2011.
So get a pen and paper and get ready to motivate yourself. These are just a few ideas to get you thinking. They will most likely spark a few other ideas, getting you really revved up, until you can barely wait for your first new listing of the year.
1. Make a marketing plan Maybe you have already been skilled in the ways of real estate marketing. You send out postcards, you've re-vamped your website, you've even attempted a Facebook page. Now, however, is the time to take that next step. Wherever you are with your marketing ("you don't even have a website" all the way to "you are ranked #3 on Google for your keywords"), find out what you can do to improve upon it. I know that's frustrating to hear, but there's always something you can do better. Make a plan laying out everything that you've ever wanted for your real estate marketing. Don't by shy here. This is where you can go crazy.
2. Take Baby Steps The difficult thing about real estate marketing, is that it can be expensive and time consuming. The best way to tackle your biggest fish is to execute them slowly. Take a look at your "dream marketing plan" and see what you can do realistically. If you have a template website currently and you would like to make it a lot more customized, but can't afford a custom website right now, start off with working within the parameters of the template to make it more personal to your business. Realsupport.com has some great examples of how you can make websites like Point2 and RealPro look like they were made for you, without the custom website price tag.
3. Create a timeline Visualization is everything when it comes to reaching your goals. If you can go out and buy a calendar, specifically for the purpose of your real estate marketing, it would serve as the ultimate motivator to accomplish your goals. If you can fill in, to the day, what you are going to do each month for your marketing, you are much more likely to do it. Putting it on the calendar makes it specific, gives it a timeline, and encourages you to get it done.
4. Cardinal Rule: At least one touch per month Make it a rule for 2011 that you make at least one touch per month with your SOI. Whether that be a postcard, an email, or a phone call, make it a point to keep in touch with your past, present, and potential clients. That means by the end of 2011 you should have reached a handful of buyers and sellers at least 12 times.
5. Start blogging I've told you before and I'll tell you again - blogging can do wonders for your real estate business. Blogging to your clients not only reaches out to them on a more personal level, it also increases your SEO. There really is no downfall to it. The hardest thing about it is keeping it up. If you can't do it, talk to your Real Estate Virtual Assistant about blogging for you on a regular basis. It really is worth it and you will see results if you do it correctly.
6. Positive Attitude Okay. Try not to roll your eyes at this one, buy we all need an attitude adjustment. We all know that it has been a rough year for the market, and many of you cannot stop reminding yourself of this fact. But there is nothing better than a clean slate and a new year to change your attitude. Think positive for 2011. It just feels good to say it.
7. Hire a Real Estate Virtual Assistant The job of a real estate agent requires a ton of responsibilities. Your day-to-day tasks can be very demanding, and stressful, and overwhelming. And that is without the addition of the marketing aspects. A good Real Estate Virtual Assistant can take a lot off your plate, as well as take your marketing to the next level. Take a look at our website to see what services we offer. Even if you don't use us, it's always okay to ask for help from somebody. A Real Estate Virtual Assistant may be just what you need to make this year everything that you imagined it could be.
Have a Very Happy New Year!
Stacey Clarke Copywriting and Marketing Coordinator
The RealSupport, Inc. Team 1232 West Northwest Highway Palatine, IL 60067 Office: (847) 705-1655 Fax: (847) 589-8989 Info@RealSupportinc.com
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.