Current Economic Times have some considering Real Estate as their new Career.
After interviewing a prospective agent this week, I was reminded about all of the changes that have happened in the Real Estate Business over the past decade. The unemployed workforce is out seeking all new avenues of income and curiously enough many still think Real Estate is easy money. Hah!!! The guy who came for a visit described how he had learned a lot from his mother who used to be in the business approx 12 yrs ago. Floor time, walk-ins, call-ins, "if you build it, they will come" thought processes.
This Is Not Your Momma's Real Estate Business!
Five ways the business has changed since your Momma was in the biz....
- Floor time is not the free for all it once was. Customers are rarely dropping by the office for your list of homes. Agents do not control all of the information now.
- Agents must target and touch their own customers now whether through websites or social media.
- Real Estate has become consumer centric and customers will likely know something about the agent and the properties before they will invite themselves to contact you.
- They have to like you before they will trust you to assist them with the most important financial decision of their life.
- Agents must absolutely know everything about financing and keep on top of the changes because the rules are still changing.
So Mr. Newly Minted License....you will not show up on your day off from your other job and expect to score customers with little to no effort. Those days are HISTORY....