Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
A vacant listing in Maryland has a few more challenges than an occupied home for sale. This is a well documented check list for sellers that have already moved on.
Keep in mind that the seasons are more extreme in Central Maryland. During the frigid months of winter the temperatures need to be lifted inside the property to avoid frozen pipes. When it snows the paths and driveways need to be shovelled. The hose bibs should be winterized for safety. The sump pump must be plugged in and in working condition. During the fall the leaves need to be raked and bagged.
1. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. And that's likely how your home owners insurance policy will read. Many sellers put their home on the market, move out, and fail to notify their carrier of the home now being vacant. A vacant home is a home with more liability. A house without people means there's an increased opportunity for damage, fire and vandalism, and an owner will almost always be charged accordingly.
No owner needs to have a claim denied because they didn't want to pay an increased premium for a few extra months. Do the right thing and keep your insurance company informed if you move out.
2. LEAVE all of your utilities on. The Texas contracts are pretyped for the SELLER to be responsible to keep them on for inspections. The only time a seller has the utilities off is when it's a foreclosure, HUD home or short sale. Buyers will provide you a "foreclosure type offer" if you treat the home as such.
3. Take care of your lawn. Keep the grass watered, edged, mowed and cared for. This might sound simple, but brown patch and other yard diseases can easily set in if the grass isn't being maintained in it's routine fashion.
4. Make sure you leave TOILET PAPER. You don't want buyers and their agents getting creative!
5. Pick up the phone books, flyers, business cards and other advertisements from the porch. The accumulation will send a "I've been sitting on the market for a long time" type message.
6. Always have the home routinely visited. Make sure doors, windows and gates are locked. Unfortunately when a home is on the market these access points can be breached and accidentally left open. Alarms and other items with batteries seem to always die once the seller leaves.
7. Check for nesting. Rodents, cats and other varmints tend to take refuge in awnings, roofs, chimneys, gutters and patio coverings.
The information contained in this blog is believed to be reliable and while every effort is made to assure that the information is as accurate as possible, the author of this blog, and its comments disclaim any implied warranty or representation about it's accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for any particular purpose. All information is copywritten and the property of Greg Nino.
I am a Maryland transplant from many other places, most recently Florida, but since 1997 I have found my true home in the heart of this great State. Maryland has it all. Mountains 3 hours to the West, the Atlantic Ocean 3 hours to the East and head North and South for either Philadelphia and New York or Washington DC. It is the perfect location! The Metro Baltimore area offers a rich mix of history and modern amenities. City living, suburbia or "not a neighbor in sight" is available in this area. Excellent Schools, amazing communities and an incredible location is why many people choose to live in Central Maryland. I proudly help my clients buy and sell all types of homes in Howard County and beyond. Enjoying the entire process is my goal for my clients. Every transaction is different and everyone has different needs. I know the Metro Baltimore area well and I am current on the Real Estate Market activity- That's my job.
As your "Buyers Agent" I will work diligently to find you the home that suits all your needs. I will update you immediately when a home matches your search criteria. I will educate you on the current market and help you craft the best offer possible. I will "hold your hand" throughout the entire process.
As your "Listing Agent" I will coach and guide you from day one to put your best foot forward when you list your home. I will use aggressive and innovative marketing strategies to give your home the best exposure possible. I will use modern technology and multiple resources that other agents do not use. I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH PROOF OF ALL MY EFFORTS.
I am a full time agent and I my number one goal is to give you exceptional service ALWAYS.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.