Because of a spraying problem, none of our cats are allowed in the house anymore. I miss the warm purr in my lap at night when we watch TV. The house just doesn’t feel complete without at least one of them inside.
We currently have three cats (all pictured below on every blog post I write)…a gray tabby male and a long haired, gray female – both of whom stay predominately around the back of the house. Then there is our black male who is not allowed around back by the gray female. She runs him off.
We feed the black cat on the front porch and the other two on the back porch. Seems fair enough, right? Well, here’s the deal…there is a cat door around back that leads into the garage, which is heated. So the gray male and female live the life of Riley, while the black cat is spurned. He has to find somewhere else to be when it is cold and when it rains or snows; it just isn’t fair.
And the thing is, he is a big boy and could kill the little gray female with one swipe of his huge paw, but he is convinced that she is the Queen (which she is) and he runs away at the mere sight of her. She is the Alpha on the premises, and she really flaunts it. And the big gray male gets his share of smacks in the face, but he just runs off a little ways, then comes back when she has calmed down.
We love on them every day, but it is just not the same as when they are indoors. Cats bring a certain vibe into a home that is hard to define, but easy to live with. And it kills me to see Moon standing at the front door looking through the glass. I just want to let him in and everything be alright…I know he wants to be with us inside too.
Well, we DO still have a beautiful fish tank and a giant bird…but our laps are lonely.
Some of my recent blogs:
- That Place
- We Have A Situation...
- Going Around or Coming Around?
- Snow Cream in S.C. !!!
- Client E-Mail Question #4 >>> Stigmatized Properties
- Killing the Neighborhood Menace
- A Word to the Wise???
- Isn't That Obvious?
- Client E-Mail Question #3 >> Common Underwriting Snag
- Stupid Husband
- New Year's Resolutions Are For Quitters
- That IS normal...right?
- Client E-Mail Question #2 -- Who Can Hold the Earnest Money?
- New Year's Meal >> What's Your Tradition?
- Price Reduced - Brick home in Anderson/Belton area for Under $60,000!
- New Year's Tradition
- Client E-Mail Question -- Home Warranties
- Total Lunar Eclipse? I Totally Missed It!
- Fresh Tomatoes Anyone? (Even in December)
- Kodak Moment -- From Kitty to College...A Love Story