Some of the funniest jokes I have ever heard, I heard while Charlie was in the Marine Corps. And, as you might imagine, there were some “”off color” jokes every now and then, but they were always told in jest and from good hearts who meant no harm.
The thing is though…I cannot remember a single, solitary one. Not even one. I have always been like that…I just don’t remember jokes – no matter how good they are! I say I’m going to write it down when I hear a good one, but by the time I get to a place I can write, it’s gone. Poof. Like a puff of smoke in the wind.
I think I have a gene missing…the gene that allows normal people to remember funny things long enough to repeat them. If I could just remember some of those jokes I heard way back when, you would see what I mean. Marines seem to just be able to reach in their pocket and come out with something funny. Charlie is that way, but not with jokes…more with just the hilarious way his mind works. I thought he was an idiot when we first met…the things he would say and the way he would act. That was 26 years ago.
Turns out I was right… ; )
Some of my recent blogs:
- The Great Blue Heron Returns
- Lonely Laps
- That Place
- We Have A Situation...
- Going Around or Coming Around?
- Snow Cream in S.C. !!!
- Client E-Mail Question #4 >>> Stigmatized Properties
- Killing the Neighborhood Menace
- A Word to the Wise???
- Isn't That Obvious?
- Client E-Mail Question #3 >> Common Underwriting Snag
- Stupid Husband
- New Year's Resolutions Are For Quitters
- That IS normal...right?
- Client E-Mail Question #2 -- Who Can Hold the Earnest Money?
- New Year's Meal >> What's Your Tradition?
- Price Reduced - Brick home in Anderson/Belton area for Under $60,000!
- New Year's Tradition
- Client E-Mail Question -- Home Warranties
- Total Lunar Eclipse? I Totally Missed It!