The Rockmount Ranch Building was designed by the architectural firm of Fisher and Fisher in 1908. Located in the fashionable and trendy Lodo Neighborhood, the Rockmount Ranch Building is five story high and has over 35,000 sq/ft of space. The Prairie Style Building shows overtones of the Beaux Arts movement and is a departure from the Victorian style which dominated the buildings of the day. While many warehouses in the area were being constructed with the less expensive soft sand brick, the Rockmount Ranch Building was built using the more expensive and sturdy fired brick.
Originally, the Wolf Manufacturing Company was housed in the Rockmount Ranch Building. They constructed claw foot tubs and pedestal sinks.
From 1928-1938, the Rockmount Ranch Building was home to the Colorado Wholesale Drug Co.
From 1940 – 1946 the Rockmount Ranch Building was used as the U.S. Government Work Projects Administration Warehouse.
In 1946, the namesake of the building, the Rockmount Ranch Company, moved into the building and started using it as a warehouse. Rockmount Ranchwear Company manufactures western clothing and was started by Jack A. Weil the father of western clothing. Rockmount Ranchwear invented the snap button western shirt that so many Colorado cowboys have worn over the years. Jack A. Weil or "Papa Jack" as he was known was born in 1901 and worked at Rockmount Ranchwear until the day he died in 2008 at the age of 107!
In 1980, Rockmount Ranch moved their offices into the building. By 2002, the Rockmount Ranch Company opened their first retail store and museum in the building.
In 2004, the Rockmount Ranch Building underwent a historic renovation that brought the first floor of the building to it's original condition.
The Rockmount Ranchwear Company is still a family owned business today and he run by Papa Jack's grandson Steve Weil.