SmartMove Program for First-time Buyers in Illinois
SmartMove offers mortgage products with incentives such as affordable interest rates and down payment assistance. Veterans can also apply. SmartMove features up to $6000 for down payment and closing costs as a 10 year zero percent forgivable loan. Obviously the program is geared toward borrowers who need extra flexibility on sources of income or who have limited funds for down payment and closing costs.
- Minimum down payment loan amounts from 96.5 to 100% (this means 3.5% down up to zero down)
- Conventional, FHA, USDA products available
- Fixed rate loans with up to 30 year terms
- Mortgage insurance at one-third less than other conventional products
- Minimum credit score = 620 (FHA and USDA loans) or 660 (Conventional)
- Buyer MUST contribute 1% or $1,000 of purchase price, whichever is greater.
- Household income limits and purchase price limits do apply
- HUD approved homeownership counseling required
SmartMove Lenders - See note below!
(when you go to the lender website page: 1) pick the county on the right 2) scroll down to homeownership resources, click both 3) click submit for participating lenders 4) scroll thru the list to see which town lenders are in)