Nothing makes a buyer turn away from a home faster than opening the door to obnoxious odors. Really, they won't even go inside to see the home!
Wake Forest REALTIOR Leesa Finley has some tips for home sellers to help avoid that scenario. Read on...
For the most part buyers make decisions on a purchasing a home from the emotional side.
- What will it be like for their family growing up there?
- Can they start a family there?
- What will the Holidays be like?
- Will their possessions find their rightful place in the home?
- What will dinner time be like?
- Will little Suzie or Johnny like the back yard?
Smells and scents are one of the biggest influences that impact emotional responses. When you have showing scheduled on your home for sale be sure that it not only LOOKS fantastic but that it also SMELLS inviting and welcoming!
Here are some simple tips and reminders for making sure that your home passes the "Sniff Test":
- IF you smoke or have a smoker in the house don't allow smoking in your house for weeks leading up to showing it
- Find a pet-sitter for a few days, and clean, clean, clean!
- Consider doing some baking prior to showings. The scent of fresh apple pie is hard to beat when it comes to creating the atmosphere of a welcoming home!
- If weather permits open the windows for a few hours to allow the fresh air in and the stale air out!
- If you know there is a showing scheduled for the next day it is best not to prepare fish or an dish heavy on spices the night before.
Empty the trash!
If you are in a real pinch, here is one trick that always works for me.
Mix a little water with vanilla extract, brown sugar and a few cinnamon sticks. You can either place in a pot on the stove and simmer or place in the oven on WARM. Beautiful aromas will soon fill your home making it inviting and pleasant!
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Wake Forest NC it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here - I call Wake Forest NC home! For more information regarding homes for sale in Wake Forest NC be sure to visit my websites:
- Leesa Finley- Homes for Sale in Wake Forest NC, Wake Forest NC schools, restaurants, shops, entertainment and MORE....
- Wake Forest NC House Chick - My company website with information for the entire Raleigh NC area including Cary, Apex, Garner, Franklinton, Youngsville, Holly Springs and MORE....I AM your Wake Forest NC Real Estate Agent of Choice......Don't forget to check out Discover Wake Forest NC for all the latest new listings in Wake Forest, Home Buyers and Home Sellers Tips and the most up to date calendar of events in Wake Forest NC!