Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
As more and more agents complete the ever increasing amount of BPO's for the banks and asset management companies, it has never been more important to practice safety.
Home owners have increasingly lashed out at anyone in the field of Banking or Real Estate as their financial situations decline. There has been an increase in confrontations and threats that can not be taken lightly. The best course of action for a Real Estate agent is to be aware of their surrondings to avoid these confrontations.
THE TOP 10 SAFETY TIPS FOR AGENTS WHO COMPLETE BPO'S
1. Read your full BPO order BEFORE setting out to take pictures
2. It is good to also print directions than rely completely on a a GPS
3. Look up the house in MLS or tax card and make notes of it's color, style etc as many houses lack addresses
4. Do not take BPO orders in Area's that you are not experienced or comfortable with.
5. Drive by the house first to assess the situation
6. On drive by BPO's, if it is a dead end, turn around and make sure you are pointing out to avoid being blocked in.
7. Do not pull down a drive way or tresspass on drive by BPO's
8. Avoid speaking with the home owner or occupant on Drive By BPO's
9. If you do get confronted by the home owner, many BPO orders contain instructions of who the bpo is for, I found simply saying "I have been hired to complete an appraisal on your home, please contact your bank for more information as i do not receive any of your financial information or reasons for the appraisal" Saying appraisal saves me from explaining what a BPO is.
10. On interior BPO's do not enter houses that are unsecured without a partner. If there is damage or signs of a break in, call the police to check before you enter. There may be people in there or broken glass, water, mold or holes in the floor that could cause injuries.
In conclusion you want to keep your eyes, ears and sense of smell keenly open. If you see or hear something take caution, if you smell mold, wear a mask. Your expereinces are the best source of warning signs. Having a cell phone and pepper spray are now tools of the trade.
Updated January 24, 2011
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Sales, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties.
Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.