This is one of a series titled
Out & About with Jim Frimmer, your Realtor in Mission Valley.
Read others in this series by clicking on Out & About.
2011 Farmers Insurance Open Golf Tournament
The 2011 Farmers Insurance Open starts this Thursday at San Diego's most magnificent public golf course, Torrey Pines, site of Tiger Woods' unbelievable playoff victory over Rocco Mediate in the 2008 U.S. Open.
This year's tournament is the 59th PGA Tour event to be played in San Diego. What I really like about this tournament is that it is hosted by The Century Club of San Diego, which is a non-profit corporation founded in 1961 and dedicated to and supporting the San Diego County Junior Golf Association and other charities and golf-related activities in San Diego.
Since 1961, The Century Club has donated over $20 million to local chairities, and that's where the net proceeds from the 2011 Farmers Insurance Open will go, too! Here are just some of the charitable organizations that The Century Club supports:
Armed Services YMCA
- Jackie Robinson YMCA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Escondido Children's Museum
- Family Health Centers of San Diego
- Family Literacy Foundation
Homes For Our Troops Foundation
- Naval Special Warfare Foundation
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- Rady Children's Hospital
- San Diego Military Outreach
- Semper Fi Fund
- Troops First Foundation
- Volunteer San Diego
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Golf programs at high schools and colleges throughout San Diego County
This year's field will feature 156 players, including Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Vijay Singh, Davis Love III, José Maria Olazabla, and many others. Defending champion is Ben Crane, who won with a 275 last year, one shot better than Marc Leishman, Brandt Snedeker, and Michael Sim. The tourname purse this year if $2.8 million, with first place taking home $1,044000. Just for fun, when the first tournament was held at Torrey Pines in 1968, the total purse was $150,000. Tom Weiskopf won that year and took home a mere $30,000.
If you're looking for a great real estate agent in San Diego, well,
let me Google one for you.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Jim Frimmer, Realtor
Century 21 Award Mission Valley
California DRE License #01458572
Mission Valley Condos Information
Try Russel Ray Photos for inexpensive, royalty-free photos.
Recent blog posts:
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Presidio Mirage
- Out & About San Diego — Pictures from the 2011 Del Mar Cat Show
- Speechless Sunday (with a little bit of text) — Isn't it beautiful?
- Just Listed! 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condominium in Mission Greens in the heart of Mission Valley
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — The Abbey
- Did you know? - kitty litter used to be Kitty Litter (TM)
- Wordless Wednesday from the San Diego Zoo
- Real estate news — San Diego County home prices held steady in Decembe 2010
- Real estate news — San Diego County home sales up 24% in December 2010
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Friars Village
- Out & About San Diego — San Diego sunset from La Mesa
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Rio Vista
- Out & About San Diego — San Diego sunset from the top of Mt. Helix
- Out & About San Diego — Spring 2011 Restaurant Week is here!
- Foto Friday — An hour early....
- Just because property values are down doesn't mean your homeowner's insurance is up to date
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Woodspring
- Just a little fun....
- Mission Valley Condos in San Diego — Friars Hollow
- Flowers and gardens and friends