As the snow falls all over the east coast, and New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Hartford enter into, yet another, Winter Wonderland my mind wanders off in several directions at once:
* I am SO done with snow. Global warming, my ass!
* I have several friends who are flying to the east coast this morning... oops, correction... WERE flying to the east coast this morning. (I know, I know... many of you have trouble believing that I actually HAVE several friends... let's call them acquaintances.)
* Today's forecast in Hawaii:
* Philadelphia has had over 60 inches of snow this year, and there are 2 more months of winter left (Sorry, Philly).
* Why, exactly, do they have a braille keyboard on the drive-up ATM? Really? Really!?
* My wife's nursery school class has to have handicap accessible toilets according to the American Disability Act. (her room is in the basement, down about 18 non-handicap accessible stairs... and there is no elevator!)
* Why are your keys ALWAYS in the last place that you look? (the freezer, really? how the heck did they get in there?)
* Does push ever really come to shove?
* My family gene pool has baby ruth's floating in it. (at least I think they're baby ruth's).
* And speaking of Babe Ruth... how on earth did a nickname like that get started?? The great Bambino? He seemed to wear it with pride... (The Big Baby!? that's what we used to call the kid that ran home from the game, crying his eyes out, and taking his ball with him. Okay, okay... it was me, but that's what they used to call me!)
* Okay... maybe this will make you feel better after all... today's forecast in Fairbanks, Alaska:
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.