Winter weather in Franklin, MA has been rather severe since November 2010 but how has that affected Franklin, MA real estate?
The MLS PIN Multiple Listing Service data shows the following:
November 2010-January 2011
- 34 sold single family homes
- $354,279 is the average list price
- $340,915 is the average sales price
- 96% is the difference between average list price and sales price
- 114 is the average number of days until closing
November 2009-January 2010
- 45 sold single family homes
- $392,411 was the average list price
- $382,771 was the average sales price
- 98% was the difference between average list price and sales price
- 150 was the average number of days until closing
In summary, this year has fewer sales but sales are occurring more quickly than last winter. Selling prices are $40,000 lower on average in Franklin, MA and there is a slightly larger difference between listed home price and accepted offer price.
If you are thinking about selling, please give me a call at 508-369-5131 to review the data for your particular situation. The smaller, starter homes are in short supply and are selling quickly even during this snowy winter!