Most people know that one of the things that will help you rank higher in the Searches, is to have links pointing to you. Since most of the “Guru’s” are pretty specific about the fact that link farms and paid submissions (except for a very few) are NOT helpful… what can you do TODAY to build a few good quality links to your website or content?
Here are 6 of my Favorite Tips!
1. Complete your profile and include a link to “content” (not just the website URL) in the Profile Section. Great places to do that would include:
2. Complete your profile and include a link in Website, Blog Site Contact information to Content (not just the website URL) Just because the Profile Section says what's your WEBSITE doesn't mean that you can't link it to a page that highlights GREEN HOMES (if that's your specialty):
3. Write short posts with links pointing to your content on other relevant sites. You can blog on Merchant Circle, Trulia Voices, Posterous for free and link from there to your other content back on Activerain / and/ or your website. Adding links to the content that is important to you helps!
4. Put Hyper-Links in your Email Signature. So many people just have a string of website listed under their name… how long would it take for you to put “Learn More About Me!” under your name? What if you had some KILLER information about First Time Home Buyers and you added “Learn more about THAT!” under your name. People will definitely click FASTER on a hyper link directing them to relevant information than just a website URL (how boring!)
5. Add Hyper-links to content and INSIDE your website from your Activerain Profile. I’ve been told that you might lose points if you go back and update your profile… but if it doesn’t really tell the STORY of who you are, and link people to more information you’ve written, it’s a chance I’d take!
6. Use Bookmarks to add links to your content. It’s time consuming, and I don’t suggest that you only add every page you write to Stumble Upon… but there’s value in having a great collection of information on a certain topic – like Green Building. If you are not utilizing the Activerain Outside Blogs for creating a place for people to find information you think is important about a specific topic – try adding links to the articles from one or more of these:
I’m sure you have great ideas for Link building - please share them!
If you have questions about building your real estate blog as you build your real estate business, give me a call! Josh Harley, Fathom Realty, 214-228-0301. I’d love to help you, and learn more about what’s working in your market! Are you on Facebook and Twitter? Let’s Connect! Originally Posted at Fathom Cafe
Author- Josh Harley :: Broker/CEO :: Fathom Realty :: 972-562-0896 office
Josh Harley is a gadget/techno geek with a passion for creating new ways to improve his brokerage, Fathom Realty, by leveraging technology, social media and good old-fashioned sweat and hard work. He has an extensive background in Internet lead generation, lead management and lead conversion. This has led him to build a new real estate brokerage with a focus on technology and lead generation while redefining the role of a brokerage in this new era of real estate. Josh writes the real estate technology blog Fathom Cafe with a focus on teaching REALTORS how to utilize technology to increase their bottom line while working more efficiently.