That’s right O Fallon MO home sellers, right NOW while it is still Winter, is the time to for you to be thinking about the Spring buying season. Your O Fallon MO home has gone through all the snow and ice and everything else that Mother Nature had to throw at it. So, as the temps start to go up in OFallon MO, it is time to walk around the exterior of your home to make sure things are still in the same place and in the same condition as they were before the winter weather set in.
With that in mind here is a list of 10 exterior items that will help make your OFallon MO home look its best:
1. Keep your lawn cut and edged. Trim trees and shrubs, removing all dead limbs and debris. I heard that comment. I know that there is still snow on the ground so, clear off the snow and ice from the driveway and steps and the porch. Pick up those dead limbs and other debris while walking around the house.
2. Add color to your yard and front porch with flowers and/or hanging plants. It may be a little early but you can start planning what bulbs and other plants you want to put in the ground when it warms up.
3. Arrange outdoor furniture and stack firewood neatly. Put away all lawn equipment, bikes and other toys.
4. Repair any broken areas of your fence, deck, patio, etc. Make sure these areas are clean and in good shape. Think about staining the deck and check for nail pops and reset them.
5. Check the exterior items like siding, window sashes, trim and shutters. Clean these areas and/or paint as needed. Give special attention to the front door area. Maybe this is the year for that new front door you have been thinking about for the last three years.
6. Make sure your gutters are clean of debris. Wash or paint as needed. Realign the gutters if they look crooked.
7. Check the roof for shingles or flashing that needs replacing or repair.
8. Replace broken windows, doors and screens. Make sure each looks clean and in good condition.
9. Wash driveways and sidewalks. Patch holes and try to remove stains.
10. Touch up the “little things”….house numbers, mail box, door bell, etc.
Remember, you only get one chance to make a good first impression and you do want to sell your home don’t you?
I know that it is still Winter but, O Fallon MO home seller you should be thinking about the Spring buying season?
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Home Selling
- Saint Charles County, Missouri
- Valentine Bloggers
- RE/MAX Active Rain Bloggers
- Advice for Sellers
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!