Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Having A Richmond Open House This Weekend? Be Prepared!
There is often debate as to if an open house is beneficial to the sale of a home. Personally, I come from the stand point of "why not?" I have seen homes sell after a buyer visits an open house, and I have seen it have no effect at all. But, I know one thing is for sure: your home won't sell because of an open house if you don't have one. So, if you find yourself having a Richmond open house this weekend, make it count! Below are some tips on preparing for an open house and the big coming out party:
· De-clutter. Hopefully you already did this when you placed your home on the market. But, if you acquired some clutter in that time, now is the time to remove it. Keep counters clear, take down personalized pictures, and store unnecessary items out of sight. Let the potential buyers envision their items and way of life.
· Remove valuables. I think this is often a missed step. Yes, your agent will be at the open house but if you receive a large turn out (which is a good thing!) your agent will not be able to be in every room with every one. Be on the safe side and remove your jewelry and other valuables from the house while it is open. While you are at it, remove medications and other prescriptions.
· Clean. Clean. Clean. Make your Richmond home shine. Wipe down all counters, vacuum and mop your floors, make the beds, and put dishes and clothing away. (I once went into an open house where the seller had left a nice basket of underwear in the bathroom. Keep the unmentionables...well, unmentionable!)
· Let in the light. Be sure to open all blinds and if it is a nice day, let some of the fresh air in. Light, bright, and airy is a fabulous thing!
· Remove your pets. I have said this before, but be sure to find a temporary home for your pet while your house is open. Some people do not like pets and you don't need to worry about the potential liability!
· Keep your distance. This is a tough one. Selling your Richmond home can be stressful and exciting all at the same time. It is natural to want to see who is coming in your home and be curious about what they think. But, you know what they say, "curiosity killed the cat!" Go out and enjoy your free time and let your Richmond Realtor fill you in on all the details when you get home. It's hard enough to imagine yourself in a house without the seller being there to remind you it is not your home...yet!
I hope you find some of these tips valuable and you have a very successful Richmond open house!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.