Few things are as important as purchasing a home. For most, it will be the largest investment of their life. Therefore, it is important to work with the best when you are ready to buy your home. Be sure to choose a REALTOR® and not just a sales agent.
A sales agent may sell you a house but a REALTOR® subscribes to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and adheres to continuous education and a strict code of ethics. Real Estate is a very competitive industry, please choose carefully.
Why Choose a REALTOR "®" ?
- A REALTOR® is a trained professional and knowledgeable consultant, who consistently completes continuous education classes to keep abreast of real estate law, ethics, contracting, fair housing and all matters pertaining to real estate.
- A REALTOR® will minimize the inconvenience a buyer will experience in the search and purchase of a home by saving the buyer time, money and frustration.
- A REALTOR® may assist, advise and represent the buyer (client) in negotiating, writing a contract, presenting an offer and/or counteroffer(s) financing, inspections and closing. Note: Georgia state law requires a Buyer's Agency Agreement in order for a REALTOR® to advise and negotiate on a buyer's (client) behalf. Contact or visit Donna , see the "buying" page for more information about buyer's agency or ask a REALTOR® for details.
- A REALTOR® is THE local market expert and may provide the buyer with actual market data.
- A REALTOR® is committed to promoting the client's best interest above anyone else including his/her own interest within the law.
- A REALTOR® owes the buyer (client) specific duties such as, loyalty, confidentiality, and lawful handling of monies.
This was written with the buyer in mind but applies to sellers too.