Newbie Real Estate Agent- Tax tips on documentation

Real Estate Agent with Resident Realty

If you are a new real estate agent… An independent contractor for a brokerage, a few tips.

Keep track of all your business expenses for tax purposes. This may include office supplies, postage, E & O insurance, payments to brokerage, printing fees, signs, promotional costs such as activerain, and business assets gained or lost for possible depreciation, etc.

Make quarterly estimated tax payments as required.,,id=110413,00.html

Keep a written log of your business vehicle mileage for tax deduction if applicable. (This may add up)

Keep a log of your medical expenses.

Keep in mind educational expense benefits and which may qualify for credits.

Obtain professional tax advice, or at least use an appropriate tax software for preparing your return.


And notice, no tax advice given here, just some things to keep in mind.Not a tax advisor or expert here.


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
ActiveRain Community

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Lynn B. Friedman
Atlanta Homes ODAT Realty Call/Text 404-939-2727 Buckhead - Midtown - Westside -- and more ... - Atlanta, GA
Concierge Service for Our Atlanta Sellers & Buyers

Dear Roy -

Great timing!

Still the whole month of December to get everything in order!

Have a happy day -


Nov 25, 2011 04:21 AM #1
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Roy Johnson

Resident Realty
Ask me a question
Spam prevention