Homes for sale Camas WA - Getting Revved Up.
Mortgage rates are hanging in there at low levels, and with prices
moderating, Home Buyers got Active, while new Sellers are waiting for the Super
Bowl before launching their bid...
Earlier this month we've logged into the Camas MLS to identify what direction the real estate market is heading. Here are the key statistics we have to report:
From this quick look at the home sales action we see fewer Active listings with the mix consistently weighted relative to the distressed property category levels at just under 1/3rd of the existing inventory. However, the distressed Pending Sales did remain at a high level of 50.0% (50.0% last month) . The number of Closed Sales,
at 19, is consistent with the low number of Pending sales the previous month.
The table below shows the RMLS market date for the transactions within the Camas City Limits (which has different results than the Camas zip code of 98607)
The Chart Below compares current Camas Washington Home Sale Prices and Trends with other nearby Towns: Vancouver WA, Washougal and Portland Oregon:
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports: Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
From price chart we see a strong upward "blip" in the Camas Home Sales Price starting in the Spring 2010, which moderated downward and now leveling-to-drifting-lower. With the current Camas Home price generally higher than the Portland / Vancouver Metro area average; along with a strong upward trend in purchase volume, it is reasonable to expect Camas home prices to be steady-to-improving in the near term.
If you are looking to purchase a home in Camas now is an opportune time! Camas is located on the north shore of the Columbia River in Washington State, and features a relatively mild climate and excellent economic base (btw - there is no personal State or Local Income Tax in Camas!). Our featured neighborhood this month: Prune Hill Camas WA,
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) Pre-Foreclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Mortgage Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Camas Washington deemed reliable but not guaranteed to be accurate.
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
Previous Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at REMAX Camas WA . We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Camas Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!