If you are thinking about buying land in Mendocino County, here are a few questions I ask to learn how to best help you find the property you are looking for, and assist you in purchasing it.
1. What are your plans for the land: are you thinking of building a home, having a garden, growing grapes, raising animals, or using it for recreation?
2. Have you thought about areas in the county you would like to know more about or live in?
3. What are the key features you are looking for on the land? View, seclusion, existing paved or gravel access, power, water features, springs, developed water, creeks, rock outcrops, redwood trees, oak trees, fir trees, range land, level or hill land, etc.
4. Location: How far would you consider driving to the nearest town, a major city, school, hospital?
5. What is the maximum amount you want to spend?
6. Will you need financing?
7. How much of a down payment will you have to invest?
8. Have you been pre-qualified by a lender?
9. Will you need owner financing?
If you do not have a lender, I can recommend a few in Mendocino County I have worked with in the past and trust. When buying land, if you are pre-qualified by a lender before submitting your offer, it often makes the difference in having the offer accepted.
I also have professional connections in the county to help answer any questions you have about the land and its possibilities. Please contact me if you are thinking of buying land in Mendocino County. I will put my 30 years of experience to work for you