Green Building 101 ~ For Homeowners, Builders & Realtors.
“Green Building” is getting a lot of hype lately, but what exactly is it?
Green is a term used in today’s society to reflect on ways to save energy, resources and live a healthier life in a cleaner environment. It includes such practices as Recycling, Reusing and Reducing. These practices can be used in home building, home renovations, personal habits, lifestyles, land improvement and management. The costs of these green features can range from zero to hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars but over the life cycle of the product you will save money, time, and reduce the effect on the environment.
Over the past year I have written a few articles on the subject and I have provided the top 10 links for easy access.
1. The 3 top Green Build Rating Systems for Homes.
2. LEED for Homes ~ what is it Part 1 & Part 2.
3. LEED Platinum Home in New Canaan, Ct.
4. Net Zero Energy Home in New Hartford, Ct.
5. Module homes and Pre-cut homes go Green.
6. Common Sense Green Habits.
7. Green Building courses offered in Connecticut.
8. Controlling storm runoff from your property, Rain gardens a great solution.
9. Composting Do’s & Don’ts.
10. A few more links to articles on Green Building, groups and technology.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.