Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
I'm so excited, I don't know where to begin. My life this past four weeks has been anything but calm. My mind has formulated so many blog posts but none got written. And life doesn't slow down in order for you to get caught up on those posts.
I feel so guilty that I've neglected Active Rain. Ditto for my photography site Flickr. But I've been experiencing major technical difficulties.
My one year old laptop died and went in for repairs. That's a whole blog in itself but I will leave that for another day. I picked it up yesterday after TWO Weeks away - Shame shame Future Shop.
I'm going to make a few dot jots of what's been happening in my new life as it will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I left Oakville for my new little life in the village of Tavistock.
I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm here and I'm going to catch up really soon. I miss all my Active Rain friends and have been thinking of you. I promise I will popping by to read all your great posts soon.
My First Month In Tavistock:
* Experienced going in the ditch on a country road for the first time - Thank you to the 2 kind gentlemen who pulled me out. A great story I will tell soon.
* Doing duty for the first time in my new office - And I get a walk in asking about 2 properties in the window. And as I was hyperventilating when the woman was asking me how to get to the streets I asked her if she lived in town. When I found out she did and that she didn't know where the streets were either I felt a little better.
* I joined the local gym - and when the nice young man started on about personal training, physical tests, etc. I politely said NO, No, No. All I want to do is walk in and use the equipment just like I did at my old location. He looked at me and told me he liked my attitude. Yikes, I've developed attitude. Must be my old age lol.
* I attended my first Fish Fry - my sister, who lives 7 minutes from me ( if the one and only set of lights in Tavistock is green) had tickets for a fundraiser for the local hockey team. It was like one huge indoor picnic. A constant lineup of people there to support their local team, filling their plates with fresh Perch, fries, veggies with a silent auction to boot.
* I checked out a chili cook off - a charity event where local businesses and clubs offered up their favorite chili recipes and people paid for samplings while the panel of judges determined the winners in different categories.
* The executive officer of my previous real estate board called me last week and asked if I would attend the Leadership Conference for the Ontario Real Estate Association this week. - She felt that as the Chair of the Leadership Development Committee for the Board for the past few years that I should attend with them. What she neglected to tell me was that my name had been forwarded to OREA as a nominee for the Ontario Real Estate Association Volunteer of the Year award.
I was surprised, honoured and humbled to be awarded the Volunteer of the Year award in Toronto this week. - I will expand with a post on the experience.
* I am flying away to Las Vegas tomorrow for the 2011 RE/MAX Convention. I am so excited to be attending the conference with 5 colleagues from my old office in Oakville. This will be the first RE/MAX Conference that I've attended and I've been invited to the awards gala to collect my Hall of Fame Award. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Cirque du Soleil show O, see some great speakers, including my favorite Gary Vaynerchuk, check out the outlet malls and do lots of networking.
So the first month in my new home has not been boring. I've managed to get out and take some photos and do some hiking with my dog. When I return from Las Vegas it will be time to get down to business and relaunch my real estate career.
I've been working on my marketing plan but again that is another blog for another day. I'm looking forward to great tips in Las Vegas (real estate tips, that is) and hope to return recharged and ready to take on the world.
If you are thinking of buying or selling real estate in the Oakville, Ontario area, please check out my websites below for information and advice. Then contact me for professional help with all your real estate needs.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.