Alright, so I am reading the Little Red Book of Selling, by Jeffrey Gitomers and he asks me to write down my best 25 questions for a prospect. And although I have gone on many listing appointments, I had not developed this as one of my tools. So I started writing down some questions.
I go after For Sale By Owners as a main source of business, and I thought this new idea would greatly help me in convincing them that it is time to list thier home with me! :)
The idea is to control the conversation using questions, questions that help them start thinking that they are not ready to sell their home on thier own, and it might be best to list with a professional...
Here is what I have so far, if anyone has any great ones they would like to ad, I look forward to reading them.
1. Do you know how much your neighbors have been selling their homes for?
2. What are you doing to ensure you are going to get the highest price?
3. How much does it cost you every month the home does not sell?
4. How did you come up with your price?
5. Do you know what methods todays buyers are using to search for homes?
6. Do you know how many foreclosures, and short sales your property is competing against, in your neighborhood right now?
7. Do you happen to know what is the maximum amount your home can appraise for right now?
8. Most of the top buyers are working with real estate agents right now, do you have any methods of attracting these top buyers?
9. What is the next step in case your current marketing strategy does not work?
10. If you were going to hire an agent, do you have a strategy for choosing the best one?
11. What do you think the toughest challenges are for a for sale by owner?
12. Do you know how much lower a for sale by owner statistically sells his house for, as compared to a realtor?
13. Do you think that having better marketing tools might help you sell your home for more money?
14. How soon do you need to sell this house by?
15. What has been the response or feedback, from the people that have seen your house?
16. Do you know how many homes are going unsold these days?
17. How are you advertising to international buyers?
18. Do you know who is buying homes these days?
19. Do you know how your home matches up to the other homes that are currently on the market?
20. How are you marketing your home in the neighborhood?
21. Who is doing the negotiating for you?
22. Don't you think it's best to have someone else negotiate on your behalf? I mean, celebrities and athletes hire agents to help them negotiate contracts, they do not do it themselves.
23. Have you ever bought something because of a brand name?
24. Do you think if your home was blasted on the internet, that might help you sell it faster?
25. Have you ever paid for a professional to come paint your home, or fix your car?